5 ways to handle nosey questions
Chinese New Year is just two weeks away and it’s that time of the year again for good food and good company (didn’t we just say that a month ago for Christmas??!)
Anyway, we shouldn’t need an excuse to get together with family… unless it’s to survive the inevitable “interrogations” from some well-intentioned (overly-concerned) relatives. So, if that’s you, this tongue-in-cheek survival guide should come in handy during this season of family reunions! Here are our 5 how-to-survive-the-kaypoh-aunty/uncle tips:
- Tell a joke: Humour is always the best distraction. A witty comeback shows your good-natured side and induces a good laugh without offending those well-meaning/nosy relatives! And if all else fails, show off your fabulousness!
- Gorge yourself with food: There is no lack of yummy food during CNY season: pineapple tarts, love letters, pineapple tarts, kueh lapis, pineapple tarts, bak kwa… PINEAPPLE TARTS! (No prizes for guessing my favorite snack!) Whenever an annoying question comes up, launch your food attack…
And if that still doesn’t work, then it’s time to change from Humour to Horror… (for this to work, just remember: it’s not what you eat that matters but the way you eat it… see below)
- Save Song Joong Ki’s photo on your phone: And at least 10 other Korean oppas such as Kim Soo Hyun, Kim Woo-Bin, Lee Jong Suk, Ji Chang Wook, Park Hae Jin, Lee Dong Wook, Lee Min Ho….. (we can go on!). If you can’t Defeat them, Distract them! When they start asking you prying questions, scroll through your phone and show them your ‘boyfriend’ (or “girlfriend”) pics. Cue instant conversational switch to juicy entertainment gossip… or just spend the next half day ogling side by side at those gorgeous oppas…
- Start singing: Tone deaf? Even better! Take a deep breath and launch into your best (or worst!) Karaoke renditions of JJ Lin or Ed Sheeran or Bon Jovi. Rule of Thumb: the higher the note, the harder it is to sing, the better! Do it so dramatically and cringe-worthily that everybody will instantly forget whatever they were meaning to ask you. Note: you may also not get invited to next year’s CNY party…
- Flaunt your paw-fect glowing skin: Instead of asking weird personal questions, everyone would be complimenting you on your radiant complexion! Unlike facials that are conducted in a strict regimen, Estetica’s Customised Facial is a full extraction face therapy designed to cater to the different needs of our customers. Every new customer will undergo a professional consultation where your skin is scientifically assessed using a SkinTech© Analysis System. Based on your unique skincare results, we will customise an 8-Step Facial Treatment just for you. Now, go ahead and enjoy being the centre of attention for the right reasons! You are welcome!
As we wave goodbye to the Rooster and usher in the Year of the Dog, here’s wishing everyone a year filled with good health, great fortune and the best of relationships! Stay Paw-sitive always! Gong Xi Fa Cai!
Achieve a glowing complexion before CNY
CNY Promo 2018: Enjoy $88 Estetica Customised Facial with a complimentary Brightening Eye Treatment (U.P. $300). First 50 sign ups get one pack Estetica Facial Cleansing Wipes free!
CLICK HERE to sign up now!
In good hands,