5 ways to battle that post-CNY bulge
If you noticed that bulge around your waist grew a little bigger as you sat down this morning, then the CNY festivities may just have been a little too good this year! And the Year of the Dog may have started more as a Bulldog than a Chihuahua…
Fat inside our belly area is also referred to as visceral fat, and is a major risk factor for type 2 diabetes and heart disease. People with this excess belly fat are at an increased risk even if they look thin on the outside. While losing stubborn fat from this area can be difficult, we’ve included 5 ways to give you a headstart in your battle against that post-CNY bulge:
- Minimise sugar intake: Instead of drinking sweet drinks, drink plenty of water and green tea. Water to replenish and trick your body into thinking that it’s full, and green tea to help burn those stubborn fats away. Not only does green tea reduce your risk of cancer and heart disease, it also contains catechins, antioxidants that can help reduce belly fat. Not-so-fun fact: did you know that one teaspoon of sugar is roughly 4 grams, so a brownie with 20 grams of sugar contains FIVE teaspoons of sugar? Yikes!
- Work that body: W-A-L-K! Use this God-given ability which has the added benefit of saving the earth and saving you some money! (God knows we all need to save up after giving out those ang bows and the time spent at the Mahjong table…) So, walk to burn away fats while saving money at the same time! Win-win. Some benefits of being healthy: controls weight, improves mood, combats diseases, boosts energy, increases life expectancy. And then there’s the convenient reality that a healthy body is a sight for sore eyes *ahem* …do we need to say more?
Pic Cr(Left), Pic Cr(Right)
- Cut down on those sinful late night suppers: Tempting as it is, supper is a big no-no! It is a tough habit to break; so for your own sake, don’t even start! If you are hungry at night, opt for the healthier alternative: eat healthy snacks, such as oatmeal with low-fat milk. Avoid large meals and spicy foods, which can cause discomfort and disrupt sleep.
- Have healthy, nutritional meals: Cutting down on sugar and late night suppers will help, but in order to maintain a balanced and healthy lifestyle, you have to start treating your body right. Make sure to eat your veggies and fruits, and opt for less oil/salt/msg. Trust us, your body will thank you for it!
- And finally, when it gets tough, take a break and pamper yourself with a detox treatment at Estetica and let us do the work for you. 🙂
From 23rd February to 30th April, Estetica will be having a $68 6-in-1 Cellu Buster Therapy post-Chinese New Year Body Detox Promotion for you folks out there. Hurry, what are you waiting for? Click here to sign up now! Snooze and you lose!
In good hands,