In this entry, I will share with you a new facial treatment I got to try out a few weeks ago at Estetica. I tried their new Skinjexion Facial – a multi-step facial treatment targeting lines and signs of aging. The treatment is a high performance line reducer which is safe and yet affordable as compared to other more invasion methods.
By fusing three active substances, SKINJEXION is a skin therapy treatment representing a genuine substitute for medical-aesthetic injections. This efficacious treatment produces immediate results, working on three different levels to slow wrinkle formation in the skin, smooth wrinkles by relaxing and attenuating skin contraction, and fill wrinkles to reduce wrinkle depth through hydration and restoring the skin’s elasticity.
The three active substances to fight the wrinkles are:
Imudilin, SNAP-8, and High Molecular Weight Hyaluronic Acid.
Imudilin plays a critical role in slowing down the process of skin tissue aging – it is supposed to stimulate the skin’s immune cells, which is essential for cell communication, a trait that decreases within the skin tissues as ageing occurs.
SNAP-8 smoothes wrinkles by relaxing and attenuating skin contraction – think of this as a botx effect, and SNAP-8 is ideal for anyone searching for a milder, safe yet effective anti-wrinkle treatment. It acts as a gentle and efficient alternative to Botulinum Toxin (botox), mimicking the effect of injections while targeting the same wrinkle formation mechanism.
High Molecular Weight Hyaluronic Acid fills in wrinkle through hydration and facilitates the formation of a structure at the skin’s surface to hold in water, preventing dehydration of the skin and reinforcing the skin barrier. This allows the restoration of the skin’s elastic properties, increases hydration levels, while plumping and smoothening the skin’s surface and texture.
1. Like every facial treatment, we started with cleansing of the face with a cleansing milk and lotion.
2. Next, is the SCRUB, which peeling cream that is applied to the lines (mainly around the sides of my mouth, frown lines between my brows and on my neck) A brush is used to literally scrub this cream into my lines a couple of times, and then over the whole face lightly. The scrub is then rinsed off, and the same lotion from step 1 is applied.
3. After the scrub, comes the serum application, using a syringe like applicator. The skinjector device is used to allow the serum to penetrate into my skin for ten minutes. The remaining half of the serum is then applied onto my face, and this time, a mcropick is used to ‘roll’ and ‘prick’ my skin to stimulate the surface and boost absorption of the serum. (You can see a close up of the mcropick in one of the pictures.) The prickly sensation from the mcropick rolling on your skin takes a short while to get used to, but it is not painful by any means.
4. After this intensive serum application, a richer cream is applied and massaged onto my face (by then I think I dozed off).
5. After the cream massage, is the masque step – this is a bright red paste which is mixed just before use. The masque is applied liberally over my face, and left on for 20 minutes. As you can see in the collage, the mask sets and lifts off easily during the removal.
6. After everything a ‘matte’ cream is applied to the lines area and lightly over the whole face. Then a ‘filler’ cream is applied to the lines, filling in any wrinkles to ensure a smooth and firm surface. This filler cream (shown in one of the close up pictures) is something you can use a base for special events, if you really want a instant wrinkle filler. The effect, I was told, last for about 5 hours.
All the skincare products that are used in this treatment are all formulated just for this Skinjexion facial and they are available individually for sale at the salon.
The entire treatment lasts for 75 minutes, and it is recommended to for a 4 session course, once a week. The cost of the treatment is S$350 and available at all Estetica outlets.
The treatment is soothing and comfortable. I noticed smoother skin instantly post treatment, the lines around my mouth definitely diminished while I think those on my neck need more work (but anyway, I don’t think the lines around my neck are due to aging, they have been there since I was a kid – think of them as more of fat folds hahahaa).
Over the next couple of weeks, I must say I enjoyed a very smooth and even skin texture which was noted by people at work (no kidding, when more than two people ask me how I maintain my skin, I know something is showing – having a good facial, good skincare, clean makeup base all help to enhance the look of anyone’s skin).
I think that this treatment is beneficial for those in their late 30s to early 40s.. if you are starting to show signs of wrinkles/ lines.. and you want to treat them without doing anything too drastic.. this facial will definitely help – maybe one session might be enough to boost your skin, but a couple more will yield more obvious results for sure.
SKINJEXION Facial Treatment (90 minutes, $350) is available at all Estetica Beauty Studios islandwide. It is recommended the SKINJEXION sessions are done once a week for at least four consecutive weeks.
I hope that my sharing is useful, and do share with me what are your tried and tested anti-aging methods!
Thanks for reading!